LBA Job Listings
WATERFRONT BEACH LIFEGUARD: JOB DESCRIPTION & DUTIES
The Lake Barcroft waterfront beach lifeguard works under the direct supervision of the Lake Barcroft Water Safety Supervisor and his/her deputy managers to safeguard all beach patrons from drowning and other accidents. The Lifeguards are responsible for constant patron surveillance of their assigned area and enforcement of recreational rules and regulations established by the Lake Barcroft Association. In addition, waterfront lifeguards must practice preventative lifeguarding, keep themselves physically fit and mentally aware, maintain and operate safety equipment, administer first-aid as required, and render aid necessary to rescue and resuscitate near drowning victims. The lifeguard also assists in the cleaning, security, and maintenance of LBA common properties on and adjacent to beach areas. The lifeguard is expected to work as part of a larger response team under the direction of the Water Safety Supervisor or his/her deputy. The lifeguard may work in concert with Fairfax County Police, Fire, and/or EMS personnel to facilitate an interagency response to mitigate emergencies or attend to the community wellbeing. Please fill out an initial APPLICATION if you are interested in joining our team.
$ 13.50 - $17/hour, seasonal
- Full time (32-40 hrs/wk) 12-16 weeks desired
- Part time (16-30 hrs/wk) 12-16 weeks desired
- Weekends Only (12-16 hrs) primarily late June through early August. Other times at the discretion of the water safety supervisor.
- Substitute (8-30 hrs/pay) As need basis. Must satisfy inservice requirements
Please click here to view the Open Water Lifeguard JOB DESCRIPTION.
**We are also currently hiring Duty Managers and Aquatic Instructors with the proper training. If you are interested in any of these positions, please fill out the application above.
LBA NEIGHBORHOOD SECURITY PERSON (PART-TIME)
LBA is seeking someone with security experience or training to regularly patrol the neighborhood and to work with other LBA employees to ensure the safety of the community. The candidate must be at least 18 years old and have a current license from the DCJS to be a security officer in the State of Virginia. This is a part-time position and would initially be 15 - 20 hours per week, primarily in the evenings but the schedule can be flexible. Trespassing and vandalism are the most frequent problems, as well as County laws and LBA rules regarding off-leash dogs. Serious incidents would not be dealt with by this person, but reported to police and documented.
- Regularly patrolling LBA common areas, including beaches, the community garden, Beach 5 peninsula and the community in general.
- Become a familiar, non-confrontational but firm presence and develop a good relationship with Mason District Police Dept.
- Checking for current beach tags, which are required for anyone on the common property year-round.
- Work closely with the lifeguards and check beaches primarily after the lifeguards go off-duty or as issues arise.
- Work closely with LBA Board Members responsible for community security, water safety and security and LBA Manager Katie Musser, including providing reports on any incidents.
- Become familiar with our local infrastructure and report any problems or potential dangers. This would be a secondary duty, working with the Maintenance Chair on the LBA Board.
If you are interested in the position or know someone who may be interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Katie Musser at firstname.lastname@example.org.